Atlas VPN does not support IPv6, therefore, we highly recommend disabling it. In this guide, you will learn how to disable the IPv6 on Linux Ubuntu using the terminal.
- Open the Terminal by pressing Ctrl+Alt+T buttons. Then, enter this command to open the sysctl.conf file:
sudo nano /etc/sysctl.conf
- Scroll down to the bottom and paste these lines:
net.ipv6.conf.all.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.default.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.lo.disable_ipv6 = 1
net.ipv6.conf.tun0.disable_ipv6 = 1
- Save the changes by pressing Ctrl+O and Ctrl+X.
- To apply changes in the sysctl.conf file, enter this command:
sudo sysctl -p
- Lastly, check the IPv6 status by entering this command:
sudo cat /proc/sys/net/ipv6/conf/all/disable_ipv6
- If you get 1 as a reply, you have successfully disabled the IPv6 on your device! Now you can connect to the VPN without interruptions.