Have you noticed your connection speed dropping by more than 30% while using VPN? Try troubleshooting this issue on your Windows device by following these steps:
- Try different VPN servers. The closer the server is to your location physically, the better the speed.
- Try changing the connection protocol in your VPN application.
Avoid MultiHop+ and Privacy Pro servers. Lower speed is expected while connected to these types of servers, as the data is routed through an additional tunnel for more security.
- Try switching from Wi-Fi to a wired connection or vice versa to see which one works better.
Disable any antivirus you are using, and check if it helps the connection speed.
Restart your device.
- Try disabling the firewall of your device and testing the connection speed to see if there might be any unnecessary restrictions set up.
Switch the network you are connected to. If you are using WiFi, try a mobile hotspot and so on.
- Try reinstalling the Atlas VPN application on your device.
- If you are using WiFi to connect, try restarting your router.