If after testing your connection speed you have determined that the difference is too big for you and imposes on your normal internet usage, you may use these steps to troubleshoot the issue for your macOS device:
- Try different VPN servers. The closer the server is to your location physically, the better the speed.
- Try restarting your device.
- If you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, test out a wired connection and vice versa.
- Try reinstalling the Atlas VPN application on your device. Here is a guide on how you can do that.
- Try changing the connection protocol in your VPN application:
On the Atlas VPN application click Settings, scroll down to Advanced settings, and choose IPSec/IKEv2 or WireGuard® to see which one produces better results.
WireGuard® is a registered trademark of Jason A. Donenfeld.