Is your connection speed dropping by more than 30% while using VPN? Try following these steps to troubleshoot this issue on your macOS device:
- Try different VPN servers. The closer the server is to your location physically, the better the speed.
Avoid MultiHop+ and Privacy Pro servers. Lower speed is expected while connected to these types of servers, as the data is routed through an additional tunnel for more security.
- Try changing the connection protocol in your Atlas VPN application.
- If you are connected to the internet via Wi-Fi, test out a wired connection and vice versa.
Switch the network you are connected to. If you are using WiFi, try a mobile hotspot and so on.
- Try restarting your device.
Reset VPN configurations.
- Try reinstalling the Atlas VPN application on your device.
- If you are using WiFi to connect, try restarting your router.