If you are having some trouble with the Atlas VPN application, our customer care team might ask you for a screenshot of your problem or some parameters to understand the issue better. In this guide, you will find easy tutorials on how to take screenshots on different operating systems:
To take a screenshot on a Windows device, use Snip & Sketch:
- Click the Start button on your device, type in Snip & Sketch, and select it from the search results.
- Click the button New at the top left corner of the application, and draw a rectangle over the area you wish to screenshot.
- Afterwards, press the Copy button at the top right corner of the application and simply paste it into your email or the live chat window.
Alternatively, you may use the application Snipping Tool:
- Click the Start button on your device, type in Snipping Tool, and select it from the search results.
- Choose the type of snip that you wish to take by selecting Mode and choosing Free-Form, Rectangular, Window, or Full-Screen snip.
- After taking the snip, click on the Save button at the top of the Snipping Tool application. For easier access, we recommend saving it to your desktop.
- Once you have the file, you may attach it to an email or send it via a live chat session.
To take a screenshot on your Android device, hold the Volume Down and Power buttons at the same time. After the confirmation notification, you can find it in your Screenshots folder.
Taking a full-screen screenshot on macOS:
- Press Shift, Command (⌘) and 3 keys at the same time.
- You will find the screenshot on your desktop, which you can attach either via a live chat session with one of our agents or to an email.
Taking a screenshot of a window on macOS:
- Press Shift, Command (⌘) and 4 keys at the same time, which will change the pointer to a crosshair.
- After, press the Spacebar key to change the crosshair to a camera.
- Move the camera over a window you wish to screenshot.
- Click your mouse or trackpad to take the screenshot. You may press the Esc (escape) button if you wish to cancel instead.
- You will find the screenshot on your desktop. You can attach it to an email or send it via a live chat session.
To take a screenshot on an iPad, iPod touch, or an iPhone 8 and earlier, follow these steps:
- Open the application or document that you need to screenshot.
- Press and hold the Lock button.
- Immediately press the Home button. After that, you may release the Lock button.
To take a screenshot on iPhone X and later:
- Press and hold the Lock button on the right side.
- Immediately press the Volume Up on the left side. After that, you may release these buttons.
To find the screenshot, head to Photos -> Albums and tap on the Screenshots folder.
There are a few different ways to take a screenshot on Linux:
- To take a full-screen screenshot, press the PrtSc key.
- To take a screenshot of a specific region, press Shift and PrtSc keys at the same time, and select the region you would like to take a picture of.
- To screenshot the current window, press Alt and PrtSc keys at the same time.
The screenshots will be saved in the Pictures directory on your Linux device.
Once you have the screenshot, you can paste it or add it as an attachment to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org. Atlas VPN Premium customers can also contact us via live chat. A screenshot can be copy-pasted in the chat window or added as an attachment as well.