In case you are not receiving sign-in letters from Atlas VPN, check out your spam folder. If the sign-in email is not there, follow this article to solve this issue.
If you are using a mobile device, you can log in via Google or Apple instead.
If you are using a computer, whitelist our email address in your email settings. Here are a few whitelisting tutorials for the most popular email service providers:
Note: Please wait half an hour after whitelisting our email address, then try signing into the application or user control panel.
To whitelist our email address in Gmail, follow these steps:
- Log in to your Gmail account, press the gear icon at the top right corner, and select See all settings.
- Go to the Filters and Blocked Addresses tab and click Create a new filter.
- Enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the From field and click Create Filter.
- Check the Never send it to spam box and click Create Filter. And that's it!
To whitelist our email address in ProtonMail, perform these steps:
- Log in to your ProtonMail account, click the gear icon at the top right corner, and click Go to settings.
- Scroll down the left window side menu and go to Filters.
- Under Spam and block list, click Add address, and select Allow.
- Lastly, select Email next to Address type, type in email@example.com to the email field, and click Add address.
To whitelist our email address in Yahoo! Mail, perform these steps:
- Log into your Yahoo! Mail account, go to Settings by clicking on the gear icon, and select More settings.
- Go to Filters in the menu on the left, and click Add new filters.
- Type a name for your filter, select From as the rule, is as the filter criterion under Set the rules, and enter firstname.lastname@example.org in the field below.
- Scroll down and type Inbox under Choose a folder to move to. This ensures that emails from Atlas VPN will not be sent to spam. Click Save to apply the changes.
- Once the filter has been successfully created, you can view it under "Your Filters".
To whitelist our email address in Outlook/Hotmail, perform these steps:
- Log in to your Outlook/Hotmail, click the gear icon in the top right corner.
- Go to Mail, and then Junk Email on the left side menu, and click Add under Safe senders and domains.
- Type email@example.com in the email field, press enter, and click Save to apply changes. And that is it!