In this tutorial, you will learn how to successfully install the Atlas VPN app onto a TV device that is running Android TV OS version 7, or later. Atlas VPN is an easy way to secure your internet traffic and bypass various geo-restrictions on your Android TV.
Note: Atlas VPN application is also available for Fire TV devices! You can install it by visiting the Amazon App Store and following the same guidelines as for Android TV.
Contents of the guide:
Downloading and installing Atlas VPN
- To begin, head to the Google Play Store and look up Atlas VPN. Alternatively, you can use this link while you're on your Android device to be automatically redirected to the app page on the Google Play Store.
- Once you find it, click on the Install button to get the app.
- Once the installation is complete, Atlas VPN will appear in the list of your installed applications.
- You will need an active premium subscription in order to connect to our VPN servers via the Atlas VPN app for Android TVs. To get it, visit our order page and pick out a deal that suits you best!
- To log into your account, navigate to Settings and go to My Account.
- Afterward, go to Sign in, enter your email address, and click Proceed.
- You will get a confirmation email in your inbox. Open the email and press Confirm to log in.
- Once you log in, you will see your Plan information.
There are two ways to connect to a VPN server:
- Clicking the Quick Connect button. This will connect you to your preferred server or a suitable server, which will be selected based on a few criteria, such as the distance to the server and the server load.
- Clicking on a specific country in the list of servers. This will connect you to a server within the chosen area.
Once connected, the selected location will be displayed next to the connection button.
On the left side of the app window, you will find two different server categories: Streaming Servers and All Servers.
Further details regarding each available server type can be found here.
App settings overview
The settings menu includes two different options: My Account and Settings.
Under the My Account section, you can Log In, Log Out or check your subscription status:
Under the Settings section, you can adjust the Connection Protocol as well as look up the Atlas VPN App Version Information: