In case you have a device that is not compatible with a VPN connection and does not support any VPN protocols, you can share the VPN connection over Wi-Fi using a Windows device. In this guide, you will find the steps on how to enable a mobile hotspot from your PC and share the protection to other devices.
Firstly, select the IKEv2 connection protocol to the IKEv2 within the Atlas VPN application settings.
To enable the hotspot and share a VPN connection, please follow the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Network & Internet > Mobile hotspot
- Enable the hotspot connection. You can change the Network name and password by clicking on the "Edit" button. We recommend using a strong password for better network security.
- After enabling the hotspot, go to Settings > Network and Internet > Change adapter options. Alternatively, you can open the Settings by clicking on the "Windows" + "I" keys.
4. Right-click on the Atlas VPN IKEv2 adapter and select Properties. Do note that the VPN connection must be established before performing this step.
5. Select "Sharing" and choose the mobile hotspot adapter. You can recognize it by the asterisk symbol and the number. Then click "OK".
6. You should now detect the created network with your phone or any other device. Try connecting to it.
If you want to check the connection, we suggest visiting the https://www.dnsleaktest.com/ on the device that is connected to the hotspot to see if the IP address has changed.
For any questions or additional help regarding Atlas VPN services, do not hesitate to contact our support team at email@example.com!