Countries with internet restrictions have a limited number of applications available for download. That is why sometimes you are unable to find a specific app in Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Changing the location of the Store on your device helps to solve this issue. Let's look into how you can do that!
Contents of the guide:
Change the Google Play Store country
- Open the Google Play Store app.
- At the top right, tap the profile icon.
- Tap Settings > General > Account and device preferences > Country and profiles.
- Tap the country where you want to add an account.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to add a payment method for that country.
After that, you would need to wait for approximately 48 hours for the region to change.
For more information, please check out this Google Play article.
Change the Apple ID location
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name, then select Media & Purchases.
- Click on View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region, then Change Country or Region.
- Select your new country or region, then review the Terms & Conditions.
- Click on Agree in the upper-right corner, then tap Agree again to confirm.
- Select a payment method, enter your new payment information and billing address, then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new country or region.
Learn more about changing the Apple ID country by looking into this Apple article.