Countries with internet restrictions have a limited number of applications available for download. That is why sometimes you are unable to find a specific app in Apple App Store or Google Play Store. Changing the region of the Store on your device helps to solve this issue. Let's look into how you can do that!
Contents of the guide:
Change the Google Play Store region
- Open the Google Play Store app, and tap the profile icon at the top right screen corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General to expand the menu and go to Account and device preferences.
- In the Country and profiles section, you will see an option to change your country according to your location. Add a payment method to apply the change.
After that, you would need to wait for approximately 48 hours for the region to change.
For more information, please check out this Google Play article.
Change the Apple ID region
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Select Media & Purchases.
- Click on View Account. You might be asked to sign in.
- Tap Country/Region.
- Tap Change Country or Region
- Select your new country or region.
- Review the Terms & Conditions and tap Agree in the upper-right corner.
- Select a payment method, enter your new payment information and billing address, and then tap Next. You must enter a valid payment method for your new region.
Learn more about changing the Apple ID country by looking into this Apple article.