Browsing privately and using the Incognito mode of your browser means that your activity is not stored on the browser or your device. In other words, your browsing history will be empty if you are browsing Incognito.
It is important to note that the Incognito mode will not protect you from viruses or malware nor it will keep your internet service provider (ISP) from seeing where you have been online. It will not stop websites from seeing your physical location and you would need to connect to a VPN server via the Atlas VPN application to be secure on the web.
Nonetheless, Incognito mode will enhance your privacy by not storing data of your activity online and it might also help with streaming or website accessibility issues when connected to a VPN server.
In this article, you can find guides on how to enable Incognito mode of the following browsers:
- Firstly, open Google Chrome browser;
- Select three dots in the upper right corner and press New Incognito window;
- An alternative way would be to simply press Ctrl+Shift+N after opening the browser.
- Open Firefox browser;
- Click on the Firefox menu in the upper right corner;
- Press New Private Window.
- Open Safari and click on File and tap New Private Window.
- Open Safari on your iPhone or iPad;
- Tap the Tabs button (upper left corner on iPads);
- Tap on Tabs to show the Tab Groups list;
- Tap Private , then tap Done.
- Open Opera browser;
- Click on the menu in the upper left corner;
- Tap New private window.
- Same as for Safari browser, open Opera, click on File in the top left corner of your screen and tap New Private Window.
- Open Internet Explorer;
- Select the Tools menu (gear icon) in the upper-right corner of the browser window;
- Hover over Safety;
- Select InPrivate Browsing or press Ctrl+Shift+P to turn on InPrivate Browsing quickly.
- Open Microsoft Edge browser;
- Click three dots in the upper right corner
- Select New InPrivate Window.
Please note that these steps might vary on different devices.
In case you still experience any accessibility issues while connected to Atlas VPN servers, do not hesitate to contact our support team via email at email@example.com!