Sometimes, VPNs and anti-virus software can interfere with each other, causing connection issues. In this article, we will go through the steps on how you can make an exception for Atlas VPN on Avira Antivirus.
- Open your Avira antivirus application and go to the Security tab. It can be found on the left side of the application.
- Go to the Protection options.
- Click on the cogwheel next to the Real-time protection tab.
- Go to PC Protection -> Real-Time Protection -> Exceptions.
- Press the three-dot button under Files and Folders to be ignored by the System Scanner and Real-Time Protection.
- Go to This PC -> Local disk (C:) -> Program Files.
- Open the Program Files folder by clicking on the grey arrow on the left side, and scroll down until you find the Atlas VPN folder. Click on the Atlas VPN folder, then click OK.
- Finally, press the Add >> button.
- Press Apply and OK. Afterward, proceed to reboot your device.
And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of the Avira antivirus!