Sometimes, VPNs and anti-virus software can interfere with each other, causing connection issues. In this article, we will go through the steps on how you can make an exception for Atlas VPN on Avira Antivirus.
- Open your Avira antivirus application and go to the Security tab. It can be found on the left side of the application.
- Go to the Protection options.
- Click on the gear icon next to Real-time protection.
- Scroll down in Real-Time Protection settings until you will find the Excluded folders section. Then, click the Exclude folder button.
- Find the Atlas VPN folder. By default, it is in This PC -> Local disk (C:) -> Program Files. Once you locate the folder, click on it and click Select Folder.
- Once the folder is selected, you will see it under Excluded folders.
- Lastly, reboot your device to apply changes.
And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of the Avira antivirus!