Interference between antivirus software and VPN service can cause connectivity issues. This can be prevented by whitelisting Atlas VPN in the antivirus settings. Follow this guide to learn how you can do that and save yourself from trouble!
- Open the AVG application and click on Menu at the top right corner of the app window.
- Select the Settings section.
- Click on General, then choose Exceptions and click the button Add exception.
- To add the Atlas VPN app to the exceptions, click Browse.
- Navigate to the Atlas VPN folder. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN. You can open the folder by pressing the + button next to it.
- Once you find Atlas VPN, mark the folder with the tick and click OK.
- Afterward, Atlas VPN should be visible in the exceptions list.
- Lastly, restart your computer to apply these changes.
And that is it, you have successfully made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of the AVG antivirus!