Occasionally, VPN and anti-virus software can come into conflict with each other, and cause issues. This can be prevented by whitelisting Atlas VPN in the antivirus settings. In this article we will go though the steps on how to make an exception for Atlas VPN in the Kaspersky antivirus settings.
- Open Kaspersky and click on the cogwheel button at the bottom left corner of the application window.
- Go to the Threats and Exclusions tab, scroll to the bottom of the window and click on Manage exclusions.
Click the button Add at the top left corner of the Threats and Exclusions settings window.
- To select the Atlas VPN folder, click the button Browse.
- Navigate to the AtlasVPN folder. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN. You can open the folder by pressing the > button next to it.
- Choose the AtlasVPN folder and click the button Select.
- In the Protection components section, tick the option All components and click Add.
- The Atlas VPN folder will be displayed in the Threats and Exclusions settings list. Click OK to save the changes.
- Click the button Save.
- Lastly, restart your computer to apply the changes.
And that is it, you have successfully made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of the Kaspersky antivirus!