Occasionally, VPN and anti-virus software can come into conflict with each other, and cause issues. This can be prevented by whitelisting Atlas VPN in the antivirus settings. In this article, we will go through the steps on how to make an exception for Atlas VPN in the Norton settings.
- Open the Norton application on your device and click on the Settings button at the top right side of the window.
- In the Settings menu, click on Antivirus.
- Once you access the Antivirus settings, click on Scans and Risks tab, scroll to the bottom and click on Configure next to Items to Exclude from Scans.
- In the Scan Exclusions window, click the button Add Folders.
- Click the folder icon to search for Atlas VPN.
- Navigate to the Atlas VPN folder. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN. Once you find the Atlas VPN folder, choose it and click OK.
- You should see the pathway to the Atlas VPN folder in the Add Item prompt. Click OK to save it.
- The pathway to the Atlas VPN folder should be visible in the Scan Exclusions window. Click Apply and OK to save the exclusion you have added.
- Lastly, restart your computer to apply the changes.
And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of Norton antivirus!