Using VPN and anti-virus software at the same time can cause conflict between them, resulting in connection issues. To avoid these interferences, we recommend whitelisting Atlas VPN in the antivirus settings. In this article, we will look over the steps for excluding Atlas VPN from the Norton antivirus software scans.
- Open the Norton application on your device and click on the Settings button at the top right side of the window.
- In the Settings menu, click on Antivirus.
- Once you access the Antivirus settings, click on Scans and Risks tab, scroll to the bottom, and click on Configure next to Items to Exclude from Scans.
- In the Scan Exclusions window, click the button Add Folders.
- Click the folder icon to search for Atlas VPN.
- Navigate to the Atlas VPN folder. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN. Once you find the Atlas VPN folder, choose it and click OK.
- You should see the pathway to the Atlas VPN folder in the Add Item prompt. Click OK to save it.
- The pathway to the Atlas VPN folder should be visible in the Scan Exclusions window. Click Apply and OK to save the exclusion you have added.
- Lastly, restart your computer to apply the changes.
And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of Norton antivirus!