Have you encountered the 401 error on your macOS device? Let's look into what it is and how you can solve it!
In rare cases, the application does not update the token on macOS devices. This token allows you to perform operations on your computer. Without it, you will not be able to connect and you will see the 401 error. However, no worries! To solve this issue, try the following troubleshooting steps:
Re-logging into your account
Try logging out and logging back into your account on the Atlas VPN application. Here is how you can do that:
- Open Settings, go to the Account tab, and click the Sign out button at the top right corner of the window.
- To log back into your account, enter your email address and click Sign in. You will get a verification email with a Confirm sign-in button.
- Once you click the Confirm sign-in button, you will be redirected to the Atlas VPN app.
Deleting Atlas VPN entries via terminal
In case you still see the 401 error message, try following these steps:
- Open Finder , search for Terminal and open it.
- Copy this line, paste it into the terminal, and press enter to run the command:
defaults delete com.atlasvpn.macos
And that is it! You can open the Atlas VPN app and connect to the VPN.