Using VPN and antivirus software at the same time creates interference which can cause connectivity issues, therefore we highly recommend making an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of your anti-virus. In this guide, we will cover the steps on how to exclude the Atlas VPN application from McAfee antivirus scans. Read on!
- Open the McAfee application and go to settings by clicking the cogwheel button in the top right corner of the app window.
- Under the PC Security section of the settings menu, find Real-time Scanning and click on it.
- In the pop-up window, click on Excluded Files.
- The pop-up window will be extended with the option to Add file. Click on it to proceed to add the Atlas VPN app to the exclusion list.
- Navigate to the Atlas VPN folder. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN. Select the AtlasVPN folder and click Open.
- Afterward, you will see the app listed on the Excluded Files. Close the McAfee antivirus app and restart your computer for the changes to be applied.
And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of McAfee antivirus!