Making an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of your antivirus helps to avoid interference and connectivity issues. In this article, we will look into how you can exclude the Atlas VPN application from the ESET antivirus scan list. Let's dive in!
- Open the ESET application, go to the Setup section on the left, and click the Advanced setup button in the bottom right corner of the Setup window.
- In the Detection engine menu, scroll down until you see the option Exclusions, and click on it.
- Then, click the Edit button next to Performance exclusions.
- Click the Add button in the Performance exclusions window.
- In the Add exclusion window, click on the Path field.
- In the pop-up window, find the Atlas VPN folder, select it, and click OK. By default, the app will be installed here: This PC -> Local Disk (C:) -> Program Files -> Atlas VPN.
- You will see the Atlas VPN application folder in the exclusion path list. Click OK to save these settings.
- Then, click the OK button in the Advanced setup window.
- Lastly, restart your computer to apply these changes. And that is it, you have made an exception for Atlas VPN in the settings of ESET antivirus!